Monday, May 11, 2009

#48

48 days to go....

Morning, Little One!

Since you're going to be half me and half Daddy - I often think about which traits you're going to get from both of. I have some "quirks" that I think are completely normal but probably not so normal to the rest of the world.

Quirky is cool - or so I think. Here are some of the things you may get from me:

1. The need to smell everything. Like really smell things - good and bad. And then state what the things smells like. For example - in my old Pathfinder - the seat belts smelled like California.

2. When I put things up, I count. I count to ten and when I get to ten I start over until everything is put up.

3. I am a neat freak except about my shoes. My shoes are scattered all over the house (Daddy hates this). And my car could be declared a disaster area.

4. I make up songs about everything and sing them to the dogs. And it's not unusual that the songs are normally about the dogs.

5. When I read a book, I don't mind stopping mid paragraph or mid sentence and putting it down. I don't need the end of the chapter to stop where I'm at.

6. I have a routine in the morning that I hate to deviate from (except on the weekends when Daddy is around). Wake up, get a glass of water, make my coffee, while the coffee is being made I empty out the dishwasher, quiet time - writing in my journal and reading the Bible, make breakfast, eat breakfast and surf the net, clean up my breakfast dishes, make the bed. And before I do each one - I tell Keiser (your dog brother) what I'm doing next.

7. Public restrooms gross me out and I will hold "it" til I get home (I've had to work through this one since you like to rest on my bladder).

8. I like to drink out of straws and use plastic utensils. I think silverware makes my food taste like metal.

9. I like lists. Especially "to do" lists. I like to make them and check each one off. If I do something that's not on the list, I'll add it to the list and mark it off. But, I often lose my lists or forget them and have to scribble a new grocery or "to do" list in the car before I run errands.

10. I have glasses about 3/4 or 1/2 full of water all over the house (like in "Signs"). And it's not unusual to have 2 or 3 glasses on the night stand or end table.

Just a few fun things about your, Momma. I know - I'm a crazy lady but that's ok. I know you'll love me just as much as I love you - no matter what!

Keep growing, Sweet Girl!

No comments:

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker