Saturday, May 30, 2009

#29

29 Days to go....

In the 20s....

Morning, Sweet Girl!

Last night we went to a rehearsal dinner for one of Daddy's best friends. Scott and Andrea are getting married today and Daddy is in the wedding.

It was a fun night and I ate about 4 lbs worth of Mexican food at the rehearsal dinner.

I love watching Daddy interact with his buddies - they've been friends for years - some as long as elementary school. I'm also pretty blessed because I have become such good friends with all of their wives - so in total - it's a win/win for both of us!

At the dinner- Andrea and Scott thanked everyone for coming. And in true bride to be fashion - Andrea cried as she thanked all the special people in her life.

As she was speaking, I got all emotional again. I mean - COME ON! It wasn't even my wedding...

I listened to her thank her Mom and I just pictured you - many, many, MANY years down the road - on your wedding day. When some very lucky man is going to capture your heart and join our family. I looked at Daddy and said - "We're going to have a daughter soon. And then we'll have to give her away."

And as usual, Daddy just looked at me...shook his head and sighed.

Then, Andrea thanked her Dad. And through tears she said "I just want to thank you for all the sacrifices you've made for me and this family."

Her Dad replied, "It's not sacrifice when it's done out of love."

OH BOY - I lost it. I looked at Daddy again and said " That's gonna be you, you're going to have a daughter, and you're going to have to give her away on her wedding day." He just pats me on the back, nods and says "I know"....but he was teasing me.

I know I'm going to blink and you're going to be all grown up. I know you're not even here yet - but even the time we've spent together as I've carried you in my belly - has gone by so fast.

We love you, Iz. And we will cherish every second we get with you.

For now, Little One, keep on growing!

No comments:

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker