Tuesday, May 19, 2009

#40

40 Days to go...

Morning, Little One.

We have errands to run today. You need a car seat. You need a baby monitor. You need....

I could go on and on and on. But, I never realized how much you need before you get here.

Since, we'll be 35 weeks next week and I'm already having contractions - you could be here much sooner than I think.

But, I'm going exercise my Mom voice and sternly say "Stay in until at least 38 weeks!!" You need to bake a little longer.

I don't know how people just have babies. With no prep, no fuss, no muss...no problem!
No worries about getting things for their Little Ones, no worries about making sure nurseries are ready, just no worries.

I feel like Daddy and I are mentally, physically, financially, and emotionally getting ready for you to join our family. But, I know we'll never be ready. We'll never feel like our your room is perfect enough, we have enough savings, that we're ready to be selfless with our time, that we have all that you "need..."

But, no matter how unprepared we'll feel - I really don't think Daddy and I are prepared for the wonderful changes you are going to bring to our family. I'm not sure we're ready to hear that amazing first cry, see your little eyes look up at us, have your little hands grasp our fingers, see your first smile, hear your first giggle...all these things. I'm not sure we're truly ready to experience the absolute JOY you are going to bring us. I'm not sure - at this moment - that I could love you more than I do now...but I am sure that I will. I'm sure we'll love you in a capacity we never thought imaginable.

For now, Sweet Baby...just keep on growing!

No comments:

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker