Thursday, May 14, 2009

#45

45 Days to go...

Hi, Little One...

Sorry it's so late. But don't worry, I didnt' forget about you.

It's been a tough 24 hours for your Daddy, me and Daisy. Your dog brother, Keiser, is much sicker than we thought. He has been at the hospital since yesterday afternoon and he'll be there until tomorrow. We are praying he can be released to us tomorrow.

Turns out Keiser may have liver disease. Luckily, the vet thinks we caught it in its acute stages so we can adjust his diet to make sure he stays healthy for us for a few more years.

Of course, I've been researching natural diets for him and plan on making his food from here on out. This is what happens when you have kids, I think. You do whatever it takes to get them healthy and keep them healthy and happy.

Daddy took the day off today to be with me since I was kind of a wreck after we heard the news yesterday. Daddy wasn't doing so well either. Some people think we're crazy and think "it's just a dog!!"

But you'll soon see, that pets become part of a family and our two dogs mean the world to us.

Keiser got very excited when we visited him. He looked sad and pathetic in his cage with his I.V. line in and cone around his head. He barked, howled, and pawed at us! All good signs that he's getting better.

He was very excited to hear that you are doing great! We had our visit to our regular doctor today. The doctor thinks you're doing spectacular and feels very good about treating us as "normal" patients and no longer "high risk" since my blood pressure has been great.

I've been having contractions (you probably think it's my ute giving you a hug) daily - about 10-15 a day. The doctor said it was normal and to only be concerned if I get 10 and hour.

Since you'll be 34 weeks on Sunday - technically - 35 weeks is when the doctor will let you come and be an outside baby if you decide that's when you're ready to see us.

But, I am going to order you to stay in my ute for at least 3-4 more weeks. You need time to develop and allow your lungs to fully mature. I have a feeling you'll be with us the week of June 15 or the latest June 22nd! It'll be here so soon.

So, I am so thankful that you're doing well and that your dog brother looks better. We still need to keep praying for our Keiser boy and hopefully he'll be home tomorrow.

Ok, Sweet Girl, keep on squirming and keep on growing! We love you....

No comments:

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker