Saturday, April 18, 2009

#71

71 Days to go...

Morning, Little One!

Daddy is going out of town this morning.

This makes me sad. Yes, I know it's just over night, but I hate it when he leaves us.

He's going to a bachelor party to party it up....haha...we were in bed at 10 pm last night....let's see how long he lasts!

We have a fun weekend ahead of us. The weather isn't very nice so we're having to skip the walk. But that's ok, we raised money for a very worthy cause regardless.

We have a bachelorette party to go to tonight. I'll be drinking a Shirley Temple on the Rocks, please with an extra shot of Grenadine and extra cherries!!

We're going to do a lot of baking and cleaning. When you finally get here, I am going to have to let go of some of my neurotic tendencies.

Yes - I know I probably won't have time to scrub the base boards, clean and condition the leather sofas, wash the windows, dust the picture frames and blinds...but now...I can.

And as sick as this sounds, I LOVE nothing more than having a clean house. The smell of cleaning supplies, shiny countertops, spotless mirrors, seeing the vacuum canister full of dog hair/dirt/dust, aahhh....it's awesome!!!

I'll stop myself from ironing the sheets and duvet cover...even I think that's ridiculous (ok - not really but Daddy says it's crazy).

Some baby books call this nesting. If this is nesting, I've been nesting for 5 years.

For now, I'll clean until my hearts content to make sure our home is spic and span for your arrival.

But, when you get here...well...Daddy can take care of it all.

Love you, Little One! Keep growing!

No comments:

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker