Monday, April 20, 2009

#69

69 Days to go....

Morning, Little One!

Just wanted to tell you I love you this morning. You're a rock star!!!

Now, I feel like it's my duty to discuss something with you that is near and dear to my heart. It's a matter that I feel is essential for every woman to know about and is critical for the happiness and well being of all women.

And that my Sweet Girl...is Girl's Night Out...

Yes. It's that big of a deal. To have nights out without boyfriends, boys who are just friends, fiancees and hubbies is oh so important when you get older.

I've already talked with you about the importance of women friends.
But I don't think we've talked about the importance of girls ONLY time.

A couple of weeks ago I had dinner with your Aunt Cass and Aunt Ashley. It wasn't a huge ordeal - just a few ladies heading down to the local Cheddar's and gabbing over chicken strips, spasgana and salads. But, it was a time I really needed. I needed to be around girls whom I've known for over 10-15 years and just be me.

This past weekend, we went to a bachelorette party for Andrea. Remember her? You showed off and gave her a sweet kick at Silvana's baby shower. She's marrying Scott - one of Daddy's best friends. (I DO take a little credit for their meeting...Daddy said I pestered Scott into coming to church with us and finally he caved - probably to stop me from always hounding him to go....but really....God gets the credit for bringing these two love birds together!)

Anyways, the ladies who could have a cocktail...or two...or three...went to a wine bar before dinner. But, you and I just headed to Cuba Libre for a fun dinner. Now, since it was a bachelorette party - there were NO BOYS ALLOWED! It was an awesome time!
me and Andrea

The girls
Girls' nights are so important. It's a chance to be yourself, to vent about the boy in your life, to gush about the sweet things he's done, to talk about - ahem - women things, to laugh until your sides hurt - all great things that can only happen around other women. I pray you'll be blessed like me to have groups of women in your life where you'll get to have these fun moments with.
You'll find yourself cherishing every second away for your man to just be you....but you'll also find yourself missing the boy you can't wait to get home to.

Your life is going to be so much fun to watch and I can't wait to meet you to see it all unfold. But, for now, keep growing Sweet Baby!

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

I'm so glad we had our dinner too! It was great and much needed! Love you and Baby Girl!!

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker