Tuesday, April 28, 2009

#61

61 Days to go...

Morning, Little One!

You know how much I love you. I really hope you know that no matter how much I complain to Daddy about being pregnant. I think I complain so much because it's so weird not having control over what's happening with my body. Although, it is amazing how my body compensates for having you a part of me.

But, I still have a hard time seeing my body change and a hard time not worrying that I'm not doing everything to make sure you're safe and developing into a normal healthy baby.

One thing I hope and pray for you, Little One is that Daddy and I raise you to be proud of how God made you and to cherish your body like the amazing creation it is. So many girls are hung up on image and are forced to make drastic measures to fit into the "ideal" image set forth my the media.

Of course, it doesn't help girls and women (even me) feel that we're expected to look a certain day in and day out. Now, I'm a huge proponent of taking care of your body by exercising and eating right. I love manicures and pedicures, make-up, and shopping for clothes. I don't think it's vain to want to be presentable.

But it's so important to look at yourself through the eyes of the Creator first - a beautiful, unique creation - and then look through His eyes into the mirror.


I'm going to do my best to set this example for you. I have struggled with self image in the past. But, once I found out I was having a daughter, I realized that all not only will you look at me as Mommy but as a role model.

Hopefully some of my good habits are getting passed down to you already. But, now is not the time to worry about those things - all you have to do is to keep on growing, Baby Girl!

1 comment:

Melody said...

You are going to be a wonderful role model & mommy!

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker