Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ok - Here goes.....


Hey ya'll!
I can't believe I'm doing this. But, my best friend since 7th grade has forced me to do this :-) Shauna Bo-Bauna - you are my soulmate (Craig and Kip are a super close 2nd).


Ok - I started medical school at Ross University in Dominica. When people ask why Dominica - in all honesty - it's because it's where I was accepted. I took the MCAT and scored average. I had average grades in undergrad. I had average extra-curricular activities. But luckily for me - I have an ABOVE average God.


My journey to Dominica for school has not been an easy one. It has taught me humility, desperation to know Christ, tested my friendships, proven to me that Craig is first and fore-most the single most important person in my life, and most importantly proven to me that if it's God will for your life - He doesn't ask you if this is what you want to do - He commands you to do it. And, I thank God everyday for the journey, for the trials, for the tears and for teaching me that obedience in Him is freedom for me.


I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post but I'll try to post every couple of days. I have my first big test Feb. 18th. So, I'll use this as my way to get prayer requests world wide. If you are reading this blog - put me on your prayer list. Pray for me by name, that I pass my exams (A's would be nice :-) but passing is just fine), I find strength in each day, that God continues to change me to the person He wants me to become and that my fears and anxieties are turned into confidence .

Here's a pic from this semester. I went river tubing with some friends of mine on the Layou River. Tubing in Dominica is NOT like tubing on the Guadaloupe. If you've seen those adds for white water rafting - that's what its like - but I was in a tube!! I'll post more pics later.
Have to study ----again.

5 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Welcome to the blog world!! I will check in to make sure you keep posting about all of your hard work.

Shauna said...

Tubing - in rapids...what?!? I have some tubing memories of you that still make me laugh out loud!!

kcaimee said...

Yay - your first post! I love the picture. Makes me miss tubing the Salt River in Arizona! Nope, you don't know me...hmm, comments from strangers - welcome to the world of blogging!! Isn't it fun?

Jennifer said...

Hi Czarina!

I found your blog through Shauna's (which I found through Aimee's). I just wanted to let you know that I think what you are doing is amazingly exciting! There must be an incredible amount of stress and pressure involved but someday you will look back on this chapter in your life with sweet memories. Try to soak it all in. AND BLOG ABOUT IT!!!! This way you won't loose any of the moments to time passed.

Blessings~
Jennifer
www.its-all-about-them.blogger.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Czarina! Welcome to blogging! I read Shauna's blog all the time, and occasionally she'll write a little something about you. :) I'm so glad that you're blogging now!! Will be praying for you!
- Tracey (Harper)

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker