Saturday, February 9, 2008

Dear Shauna,




Since you are the only one that reads my blog I've decided to write a letter to you.
First, thanks for setting this up for me because it gives me ANOTHER reason NOT to study. I really should be studying right now but I just got done running by the ocean and was thinking about more reasons to not look at my notes about vascular tumors.

Seriously, I can't believe we have been friends for as long as we have. It seems like yesterday we were hanging out in Ms (aka Tex) Lowe's history class, wearing matching sundresses while dancing barefoot to the 8th grade dance, being not so good at church lock ins, making up fake identities on the river, singing at the top of our lungs while sitting on your parent's van (not just any song - "Somewhere Out There - from An American Tail)...and that's just grades 7-9. We have shared so many memories and have been invovled in every important moment in each others lives. True friends are ones that you let take a part of your soul and carry it with them through life, because you know, there is no way in HELL (yup I just cursed) they would ever do anything to hurt your heart. YOU, my dear, are that person.

I don't know where life is going to take me in the next few years. But
I do know I will be priveleged to have you as a friend as I walk through the many challenges God will faithfully put in my path. I know you'll be on your knees in prayer for me, jumping up in times of my accomplishments, and walking by my side - even in spirit - as I continue on my journey.

I am in awe at the friendships God has placed in my life. I am thankful for you everyday.

Ok - enough. I can't cry and mess up my make-up...oh wait...I don't wear makeup on the island!

If you are reading this blog and NOT Shauna, I hope and pray you have a friendship in your life as great as the one her and I share. And PLEASE leave me a comment - it makes me happy - and with a test coming up over cardiovascular and respiratory systems - I need a lot of happy (and prayers).

I'll leave you with a picture of the sunset (this is what I get to see everyday!). I'll blog more later about how this Ross University works. I'll take you for a ride on my rollercoaster I like to call med school.


Love you, Shauna Bean!
Always,
Czarina Burrito

5 comments:

Shauna said...

I love you Bina. You are the best! I cant believe you cursed on your blog, you rebel. And that you outed me with the whole church lock-in incidents. Nice...Real nice....Thanks for your gift to Kip on his birthday - I truly think that might have been the best gift that he has recieved all day. Maybe all of his life.

The Bowens said...

I am reading your blog! I am so jealous of the beautiful weather that you get to wake up to everyday...but I am not jealous of the studying that you are having to do. Keep up the blogging!
Laura (Shauna's cousin)

RyAnn said...

I am reading yor blog! I found it from Shauna! Good Luck on your tests! Sounds like you are having a great time and I look forward to reading about your journey!

Anonymous said...

I'm reading, too.:)

MommyKeough said...

I love you and Shauna both. YOu are both amazing people and I feel lucky to know both of you. :)

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker