Thursday, February 7, 2008

Meet my friends










Really quick. I wanted you meet some people in my life that are important to me here on the island. I'm not really sure how to put the pic with the description so I'll do my best.




Jamie aka Jamers: God put her in my life at the exact moment when I needed a friend the most. She hails from Wisconsin (when you meet her ask her to say bag), a Packer fan (I've forgiven her for that), an awesome Christian and my soon to be roommate in Miami. We love making dinners, drinking Dominican Sunshines (concoction of Rum, passion fruit juice, and lime juice - yes - it is awesome), skipping class to go to the beach, talking about our weight, and IMing each other all day as we look at the Skinny Website together. She is my Shauna on the island.








Zahra, Sonia and Lauren - my New York crew. They ooze designer duds and have mouths that would make the Sopranos look like little school girls. I've been friends with them since I got to the island. They are young'ens - being 22 and 23 y.o. They remind I'm NOT old, taught me the greatness of Flip Cup, and keep me laughing.








Kim (aka KIMMY - think "My Best Friend's Wedding) - she is now in Miami. She's semester ahead and I met her last semester. We became instant friends and bonded over us both being married. I miss her so much and can't wait to see her and her hubby in a few months. We'd go on hour long walks up the mountain to lose weight, get excited about stomach bugs because it'd be a chance to lose MORE weight, coined the phrase "smart AND skinny", and totally gets me when it comes to Pet Parenting.

Jen (aka my SAVIOR!) - she is also in Miami and is Kim's closest friend. She was my peer tutor in 1st and 2nd semester and got me through all my tests. She tried tutoring me last semester over Rum and cokes on the beach - THAT didn't work! She is from New Orleans and is your classic southern gal. She makes killer biscuits, cheesey grits, my fave sugar cookie pancakes, and can drink any man under the table. I love her and can't wait to see her!!








Mike (aka Mikey) - he's getting added because he was my very FIRST friend on the island. He hails from the Lone Star State and is an Aggie (NEVER will forgive him for that). He has a knack for telling stories and keeps me calm. He is now dating Jen and I like to think I had a part in the budding romance. He's a great guy and is hopefully off the market for good :-)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I am a little jealous of all of your island friends. I want to be an island friend. tear. tear.

this is so fun, isnt it!?!?

Shauna said...

I am not the only person who reads your blog - you need to start commenting on other peoples blogs so they will feel like your friends. :) We can put a counter on your blog so you know how many people come and visit!

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker