Friday, June 20, 2008

True friends


As I'm sitting here in Miami, I am really sad that I wasn't able to go back home to Texas for my high school reunion. Lots of you don't know much about me but I really had a great high school experience.
A lot of it has to do with the fact that I had an amazing group of friends. My best friend since Jr. High is Shauna and to this day she is my best best friend ever. We both have made really awesome friends throughout the years but no matter who I meet, she'll always be THE friend... you know the ones....

True friends are hard to find these days. My true friends are those I don't feel like I have to edit myself with, watch what I say, or be cautious around. We can laugh for hours on end, cry to one another, be REAL with one another.

I guess I'm getting sentimental since I'm missing out on a fun weekend with my girls. My high school friends are girls (and guy...Brad is one of us...) that I still keep in touch with. We meet once a month (or they do...but when I'm in town they make the effort to see me) for dinners to catch up, laugh, have drinks, talk and talk and talk. We pretend we're still young sometimes and try to do cheers in Target, make up dances, drink lots of cocktails...but by 10pm....we're all TIRED!!

I love these women and know that I am blessed that God put them in my life. I love who I am when I'm with them, love that I know that when I'm not there they still think of me, love that they'll support whatever decisions I make in life, love that we have all evolved to be amazing women...but we still have a connection that I know will last through a lifetime.

I. AM. BLESSED.

No comments:

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker