Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Marty McFly: Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean

I have traveled through time.
It was pretty amazing. I didn't think it was possible.

All of a sudden - I blinked and 3 weeks have flown by.

My little newborn girl is now a baby. She isn't as snoozy, her head isn't as floppy, she's more alert...

Bittersweet.

I want her to grow. I can't wait until I can tickle her tummy and hear her laugh. She's already melted mine and Craig's heart with her smile that's nothing but gum.

We're learning her sounds, her cries, and cues - we're surviving the first few weeks and we're slowly getting a routine.

Bittersweet.

The hours during the day feel rushed while the night hours - around 9pm - drag on and on. Iz has a hard time between 9pm and 12am - she fusses and cries - and makes me realize that her needing me during that time are times that I hate in the moment but will miss in the future.

Bittersweet.

Craig has had to endure my psycho moments of little to no sleep. I miss the days of just "us" and miss the nights free of worry. But, I love seeing the man in my life hold our child - and hold my heart - and reassure me that our life will find normalcy soon.

Bittersweet.

I've been catapulted into the future and time isn't slowing down. I see the moments of my life swiftly pass me by as I watch my daughter change and grow before me. I look in the mirror and can see how the past 3 weeks have taken a toll on me. But, I see the dark circles under my eyes as a badge of endurance as I tackle another sleepless night, I see the slowly (and I mean SLOWLY) fading stretch marks as a badge of honor that shows the world that I gave birth to a miracle, and I see the wrinkles around my eyes as I grin from ear to ear as I look down my sweet Angel face baby.

Bittersweet...
"Don't even think about taking away my binky." - Izzy

So cute...and Izzy is alright too ;-)

Is it wrong I think it's funny when she fusses???

"Umm lady...you're crazy." - Izzy

She looks like a doll

"Man these arms are strong!" - Izzy

1 comment:

Justin and April said...

She is growing so much! You look great! I wouldn't even let anyone hardly take my pic the first couple of months b/c I usually didn't have makeup on and when I did, it didn't help the bags under my eyes disappear. Yes, you will miss those sleepless nights when only you can make her happy. Very bittersweet!!!

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker