Friday, June 5, 2009

#23

23 Days to go...

Hi, Little One!

Happy Birthday to us...
Happy Birthday to us...
Happy Birthday, Hounsel family...
Happy Birthday to US!!!

Today is such a special day, Izzy!

Today is Mommy and Daddy's 5 year wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been 5 years since Daddy and I were married.

On this day - we committed to one another and officially became a family.

I never knew I would fall in love so young, go through life with my best friend, be heart broken and spend time apart, just to find each other once again.

Our story is one I love to tell and can't wait to share with you someday.

Yes - that's us...we were VERY young!

I fell in love with my high school sweetheart. I knew from the moment I met him I would marry him. But, of course - we needed to have our time being young - go to college, meet other people, and find ourselves.


Wow - College was fun!

He proposed December 13, 2003 and I said "YES!"

We were married on June 5, 2004. The BEST day of my life. And, it will always be the best day of my life . You, joining our family, is an amazing, AMAZING thing - but without our commitment to one another - none of this would have happened.

Best day of my life!

Together, Daddy and I have grown up together, learned together, rejoiced together, walked through the dark times together, and continue to learn about each other. We've learned to be selfless for each other and make sacrifices for the betterment of each of us individually.
He let me go off to school so that I could live my life without any regret. And as surprising as it may be, I found myself back at home and realized the only regret I would ever have is leaving the ones I love again.

I can only pray that you find someone that is your best friend, your equal, your lover, your soul mate. Daddy and I are so incredibly blessed to have one another. We're so blessed that on this day 5 years ago - we were able to stand before God and declare to one another the forever commitment and powerful testimony of marriage.

He is it. He's the one I choose to be with every day. Sometimes the choices in our lives are difficult, but when your soul finds the one it is whole with - the choice is easy.

We are so excited you will be joining our family. We are so amazed that our love for one another created you.

We love you, Sweet Girl....keep on growing!

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

Congrats! Enjoy your day together!

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker