Sunday, September 28, 2008

Egypt is in Ohio...Geography vs Czarina

Thought I'd get your attention...Seeing if anyone really read this thing...Just curious....

Even if you don't - I'm still going to blog because it's therapeutic for me.

I thought I could give up blogging because I am always studying but then I realized I am giving up so much of what I love because I am studying. So, I am going to blog for 15 minutes a night - if I remember to do so.

Adeline is a faithful reader and she just started a blog...so visit her! Just thought I'd give a shout out to my Belgian friend..belgian waffles rock!

I think geography is kind of silly. Seriously, maps are invented for the purpose of telling us where to go and Mapquest would be out of a job if everyone knew where everything was.

I am rambling because I am tired...I think I hate geography because I am really bad at it.

My husband loves to give me a city and I have to guess the state it belongs to. He loves it because I am 90% WRONG....geography just isn't my forte. Now...you ask me about illegal substances that help burn fat and how it affects your mitochondria...I'm your girl...

Conversation between me and husband:
Craig: "Where's Boston?"
Me: It's in a state that starts with and "M" right?
Craig: Yup...so...where is it?
Me: That's easy...Maine! Boston's in Maine!
Craig: [looking really sad and laughing at the same time] nope...Masachusettes...ok...what about London...where is London...
Me: [looking at him like he's RIDICULOUS and I have the look of victory on my face] ...."Craig...you can't trick me...London is a country!"
Craig: [an expression of utter disappointment]...no...London is in ENGLAND!
Me: Oh yeah....

Geography 1 : Czarina 0

3 comments:

Melody said...

Hilarious! Miss you!

Heather said...

I am laughing SO hard right now! I am the same way and Adam is always messing with me about it!

Geography sucks!!!

Adeline said...

You're back! So, did you know where Belgium was before you met me? Maybe you thought we spoke Belgianese in Belgium? J/K!!! Actually, I've been asked that question many times before! Funny stuff...

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker