Monday, April 14, 2008

Dear Craig

As I write on my blog, I know you're thinking - "why isn't my wife studying?"

I can't believe I have you. I can't believe you're all mine. I'm amazed that God gave me a husband that is so giving, so patient, so understanding...the list goes on and on.

When I look at you, I'm so happy to see my past, present and future all wrapped into one. I can't believe I have loved you over 12 years and God continually reveals a new reason to love you everyday.

I'm amazed someone in this world sees me - faults and all - as beautiful, worthy of unconditional love, and as their equal as we walk side by side through all our trials and times of joy.

You have become a man of God that I always prayed for. God used this time apart to mold you into a Christian who is still so new in their walk but yet still has insight to how we should live. When you were baptized 3 years ago - I was fearful the transition from being a non-believer to a believer would be difficult for you. Yet again - God humbled me by His power. He continues to transform you and mold you - and you welcome each change with open arms. I know your walk is still fresh and new so you are still learning how to search the Bible for answers, how to talk about the Word without holding back, and how to show the world the light I see in you. I know you are trying and God does to - and that's all He wants from you ....for now. Because, I know He has big plans for you and I am just honored to be by your side as I watch Him work His magic in your life.

I'll be home soon- or at least back in the U.S. This time apart has been the best and worst time for me. I have cried over and over for you, for our marriage, for our future. I have questioned my purpose, my happiness, myself. The journey is not over, although I'll be home. The journey is just starting as I start a new phase. But, one thing is certain, I know I can rely on my God to pull us through. I've learned to cry tears of joy and rejoice in what I do have - a loving husband, my family, my friends, my faith. I have learned to do this because of your unwavering strength for our marriage, in your faith, and your constant, solid love for me.

Saying I love you just doesn't do my feelings for you justice. Thank you for loving me. I can't wait to come home....to come home to you.
- C

No comments:

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker