Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sometimes we just don't understand

I know I keep promising the 4 of my dedicated blog readers pictures and updates but so much is going on in OTHER peoples lives that are so much more important than mine.

I asked you to pray for a friend of mine's baby cousin, Joseph, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor about 8 months ago.

Today, Joseph's battle with the tumor ended. He passed away peacefully and in very little pain in his home today. He was surrounded by his family, friends, and in prayer by all of you who have been praying for him.

I am studying for the STEP I exam right now and haven't been blogging because of it. But, I really feel like this post needed to be written. In circumstances like these, no one understands why God does what He does sometimes. Why did He take a 4 year old (yesterday, Joseph turned 4 years old) from his family? Why? Why? Why?

These questions come up and we (even the most devout Christians) begin to question why the One is supposed to heal - chooses not to do so. It's so difficult to even process it. But, one thing I have learned from Joseph's story, is that God was working through Joseph his entire battle. It is much easier for me to say all of this because it's not my child, my brother, my cousin, etc....but if you take a few moments and read through his blog - you will see how his parents stood firm that THIS was God's plan for him. How amazing is it that this little boy's story reached so many countries, reached thousands - maybe millions of readers, and touched the lives of so many!

His story and his battle - even his death - is God at work. Sometimes we don't understand why - and maybe we'll never really know - but trusting in Him in ALL times - is faith. Thank you to Joseph and to his family for showing me what REAL faith truly is.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Love you my bff. I know you are busy with boot camp but can we still be friends while you are in dallas. I mean...my gosh.

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker