Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Four!

I thought a lot about this post today and replayed the past few months of Iz's first year. And I realized one of the most integral aspects of the past year has been...well..staring me right in the face.

Many faces actually...

And it's the faces of the mom's that I have are now etched in my heart as women who lifted me up, made me laugh, and watched Iz grow almost every day.

When I joined Stroller Strides when Iz was 6 weeks old, I really wasn't sure what to expect.

I've talked about what I expected Stroller Strides (SS) to be - a group of women dressed in matching Nike spandex work out gear, pushing their Prams, with diamonds the size of Texas on resting on their manicured hand - strolling with their kids as they talk about the next dinner party they have to throw or the next couture they have to purchase.

I was wrong...and I am so glad I was!

These women are every bit as perfect in their imperfection as me. They are eager to share the latest milestone their little one has conquered but just as eager to vent to about a sleepless night, the latest tantrum, the many mistakes they (we) make on a daily basis.

They watched Iz grow. Some see her 3-4 days a week and are in awe at how much she has changed.

They watched me grow. They've not just become the women I see when I work out but women I am privileged to call my friends.

Our conversations are filled with stories of motherhood, wifeyhood...we share who we once were before our lives were defined by the little ankle biter graced our presence and share who we we still want to be when we can figure out how to balance being a mom, a wife, a woman...

They call when Iz is sick to check on her (and me). They meet me for impromptu afternoon Jamba Juice dates to free me from the monotony of my day. They encourage me. They tease me (...2-3 days a week and twice on the weekends...). They listen.

I am sure that they have grown to care for Iz in their own way just as I see their children as special little people in our lives.

I had the chance to just be me this past weekend with some of my new found friends on a short road trip to Austin.

I loved it. Every second...

And I love the friendships Iz and I have made...and will FOUR-ever be grateful for having them.

6 comments:

Adeline said...

I can't believe she will soon be one. She is beautiful and so are you. Looks like that girls trip was fun. I think I'll need one of those after this move. It's been a crazy few months.

Maggie, Todd, Jackson, and Tucker too! said...

I LOVE this post! And love the 2-3 days a week and 2x on the weekend :) Thank you so much for letting us share in your life, and Iz's! It is a privilege to know you. HUGS! :)

CJAS said...

We are all so lucky to know you and sweet Iz :) Love that we are a part of your lives !! big hugs

Marissa said...

You are a loving, strong, and inspiring woman. I am so glad I got to know you a little better this last weekend!

Lisa Parsons said...

This is a great blog. I am a better person for knowing you and precious Iz. Can't wait to celebrate with her this weekend...and I know you will be celebrating 3X a week and twice on the weekend!

gucci handbags said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker