Saturday, March 28, 2009

#92 - I am ridiculous - I cried writing this post

92 Days to go

Last night, Daddy took me on a date. We went and saw "I Love You, Man" and ate at Studio Movie Grill.

Now that you're coming, we try not to spend a lot of money on dining out and other things. But, Daddy and I know how important it is to have a strong marriage so that when you get here, we can be examples of how a relationship SHOULD be.

I hate the thought that many years from now, you'll experience heartbreak. I can't shield you from the pain of break-ups or the disappointments of knowing the one you "like" doesn't "like" you back. Don't listen to Daddy when he says you can't date until you're 30 years old...he's just being a Dad.

You'll also break some hearts - come on- how could you NOT - you're gonna be a looker! But, the heart that I'm most worried about hurting - is yours....

It's a while away - but I think about those moments that I've had - and all I want to do is protect you from any of that pain. But, you'll be stronger for it and hopefully Daddy and I can set an example for you of what a relationship SHOULD be. I hope your expectations of the man you deserve are set sky high because you should never settle for anything less than what God intended for you to have.

So - for now - I'm just going to enjoy the fact that the only man in your life is Daddy. But, know sweet Baby, that I'll be here for those tough moments with a box of tissue, a good chick-flick and a tub of Haagen Daaz when that Ba$t@rd breaks your heart...

No comments:

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker