Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Je ne parle pas Francais..."

TRANSLATION: I do not speak French.
This phrase was a MUST for Craig when we were in Paris. Although he only used in twice, both times were crucial :-)

I took French for 4 years in high school and 3 years in college...and I know just about as much as Craig. Well...I know a little more and was able to communicate ok while we were there.

Paris was dirty. Dirtier than I had remembered. There was a lot of graffiti and trash everywhere. But, it didn't outshine the absolutely stunning architecture of the buildings.
We hit the hot spots - Arc de Triomphe, Champs de Elysee, Musee D'orsay, Louvre, Eiffel Tower, and the palace of Versailles.

I feel bad for Paris...it didn't get our full attention. It's not her fault we were homesick and tired. It's not her fault the people didn't speak English. It's not her fault that the time we aren't cultured and got bored at the museums....who gets bored at the Louvre looking at the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo? WE DID!!

But, we loved our late night strolls (does 7:30pm count as late night????) down the Champs where street vendors were peddling yummy street food, handmade gifts, snake necklaces...oh Paris! We loved you and we are sorry we did not take advantage of our time with you...but...we'll always have Paris (wah, wah, wah).

***I tried to make the slide show all romantic-y but there is a random honking of a horn during the song***

Click to play Paris!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Shauna said...

looks like a blast. And the random honking was wonderful!

Heather said...

The slideshow was very romantic when I wasn't cracking up! Every time the car would honk, it would send me into hysterics!

It looks like y'all had a blast! I'm still very jealous!

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker