Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I think my doctor is going to fire me as a patient

I am THAT patient. The one that asks a million questions - and asks the same question 5 different ways because I want to make SURE he understood.

The problem with being in med school is that I am studying for the USMLE - and that means that I am learning about every genetic defect, every and anything that can go wrong in development, blah, blah, blah.

My doctor is great - he has been my doctor for over 10 years and is a colleague of my mom's. So, he treats me like a daughter and knows that my concerns are from the fact that I am getting all this information pumped in my head.

Craig has been to all my prenatal appointments and plans on going to every one until it starts to become too frequent. I've decided Craig should get a reward for just being my husband. I am SO difficult (at least I know it). He is the calm in our family while I am a whirlwind of chaos, worry, and go-go-go.

Half-pint Hounsel was moving and baby's heart beat was strong. My weight is right where it should be. My doc actually rolled his eyes at me when I asked if I was gaining too much too fast. He knows how OCD I am about my weight, but I figure if I am track I should put on about 20-25 lbs (YIKES!).

We did not do the NT scan and decided that we'll wait until the routine AFP test at 17 weeks. In about 6-7 weeks we'll find out if it's a boy or a girl but we just want healthy.

Continued prayers for Half-pint and our family would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker