Saturday, March 29, 2008

LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!!!

I have officially 25 days - as of today - until my last day on the island...God willing I pass all my exams (I have 7 tests left - YES - 7!!!)

I've decided to post something everyday as a countdown. It'll be my top 25 reasons I enjoyed my time on the island, a good memory I have, something that kept me motivated during my time here, etc. For those closest to me, you hear lots of moaning, complaining, tears, etc. about living on the island. So now - I hope you'll enjoy seeing the wonderful things God has provided for me and graciously given me. I am so unworthy of His love and grace but I am so thankful He loves me as much as He does.

#25 - Ross Christian Fellowhip - RCF (for short) is my church here at school. I wasn't sure if I would find a church here or be around any believers while I was at school. Medicine is about science but I KNOW the ultimate Healer is our Lord and Savior.
RCF surrounds me with fellow Christians that experience the same struggles as me. Some are more blessed than others with amazing intellect and smarts (I unfortunately lack lots of the smarts part!!) but we are all facing the same challenges. We look to Christ everyday - every moment- for our strength.

I am thankful for the group of people within RCF that have kept my spirits up and have brought me out of the depths of depression and hopelessness I've felt here in Dominica. This can be a lonely place. Loneliness + anxiety = disaster!!! Luckily (or should it be faithfully), I found RCF and through it - I found my way closer to God.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

OmG - I cant believe it is that close!!!! Sooooo close!

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker