Friday, November 5, 2010

Neglected

My faithful blog readers (all 2 of you).

My hair did - trust me - these 3 inch roots are not a fashion statement.

My house. I am tempted to put up a "For Sale" sign that states - sold as is...just so I don't have to clean it and just start fresh elsewhere.

My insides. Junk food and caffeine are NOT sustainable food.

My friends. Yoohoo...ladies...I miss hanging out at Jamba Juice and sushi nights.

My kid. Who all of a sudden is a KID and not a baby.

My hubs. Who can now focus his attention on things other than the game of baseball.

What's going on? Why are suddenly some very important things getting the back burner in my life?

Well...remember back a few months ago when I talked a little thing I was doing. Just a little sumthin sumthin on the side.

You know...a little thing called a business.

Like a real business. With a website and everything. (ahem...www.zenbakingcompany.com)

Anyhoo...we've been pretty busy.

God heard my prayers awhile back when I asked Him to please help our business grow if it was in His will for my life.

Yuppers friends...God listens and God moves.

So, here we are.

Zen Baking Company.

My other child.

We were on T.V. Kind of cool, huh? I don't think it's a really big deal. But, it's kind of neat to see me on a The Cooking Channel. I mean - I LIVE and LOVE - watching cooking shows. It's my thing.

We were on a show called "FoodCrafters" on the Cooking Channel. Our episode was called "Treats." It was a 12 hour day of filming for an 6 minutes spot...wowzers.

My sister (business partner) and I had a watching party in Dallas for it's debut. Some - most - of my favorite people came out to support me. I wanted to cry - I was so happy to have them there ...but I didn't think it was very Hollywood... and let's face it. I'm a reality T.V. star now. Move over Snookie...

And then our cake balls - oh yeah - that's what we do. We make gourmet cake balls at Zen Baking Company - got picked up in 4 major gourmet grocers in Dallas.

Central Market is like the Barney's of grocery stores. High end grocery shopping. My kind of place. And they wanted us in their stores. So, we squealed, jumped up and down, and started baking.

YIPPEE.

BUT...

That meant busy days. Busy nights.

Neglected blogs.

Neglected hair, neglected body...

Oh yeah...Body Back. I didn't finish. I wish I could. But my days in the kitchen were starting at 5:30 AM (yes..I know...there's one of those in the morning too...crazy, huh).

But, here are my final stats.

I lost 5.5 lbs in 8 weeks. Not sure of my measurements but I am smaller.

I am stronger. Which means my days on my feet are less painful.

I miss the days of playdates with my friends and evenings out. As much as I want this business to succeed, a part of me wishes it wasn't so much work. I mean come on...why does building an empire take so much EFFORT. But, my friends have been rockstars. Coming out to support me, sending me encouraging texts, voicemails, emails, FB messages.

My kid is neglected. I leave her 3 1/2 days a week. I try to work early, early morning (think 3:30 AM so I can be home by 10AM) or late in the evening (think after bedtime to midnight) so that I can spend time with her during the day. I'm worried she's going to forget me.

My husband is neglected but supportive. He works from home some days so I can go in early to the kitchen. He gets dinner on the table (pizza and Manwich...meals of men). He is so great about telling me that all this hard work will pay off. He's really just hoping we get really big and make a sh!t ton of money so he can quit his job and lead a life of leisure...and pursue HIS passion...being my trophy husband. Ok not really...but he loves me daggummit...

And my camera broke.

So you've been neglected of pictures too.

Pictures from baseball games, birthday parties, watching parties, Halloween.

I'm going to try and get it fixed so you can see my life and not just read about it.

I miss you blog readers. I miss writing about my days and my life.

But, I'll be back. It's my list of things to stop neglecting.

I promise.

2 comments:

etphonehome21 said...

Miss you too buddy! But I'm sooooo proud of you!

CJAS said...

Way to go Czarina ! So proud of you and everything you 're achieving ! We love you !

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker