Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Get it, girl

get it!

Get that BODY BACK!

Today I started an 8 week program called "Body Back" - designed by the creators of Stroller Strides.

It's short for "Mama Get your Body Back."

And it's for mom's like me who've lost some part of who they were.

The main focus is to get your body back into shape after the ringer it was put through while carrying the kid.

But, it also forces me to find the part of my life that I've neglected for some time now...and that part of my life - is me.

I pay such close attention to what Iz eats, activities for her, getting enough rest and sleep.

I try to give my all at being wife.

But, I sorely lack giving me the same amount of attention and care.

So, I decided to do "Body Back." Of course I'm hoping for some kick as$ abs and less of tricep jiggle...but I'm really hoping to get back some of the strength (inner and physical) that I've lost along this journey of motherhood.

It's going to be tough. They expect me to eat well. Like good stuff. I was told that if "whatever you're eating doesn't have a mother or didn't come directly from the earth, probably not a good idea to eat it."

Meaning..try to cut out processed food and eat natural stuff. I desperately tried picturing an "Oreo" Plantation and really dug deep in the recesses of my brain to find the "mother" of the Nutella jar I love so much. But, alas, even my jacked up mind couldn't do it.

I'm not ashamed to say that I love Spam. The salty, greatness of the mystery conglomerate is one that was a part of my childhood and I still love today.

I love all things that crunch. Chips, popcorn, Nestle Crunch Bars, pretzels dipped in Nutella.

I love to sit around and watch documentaries on great love stories and geographical documentaries - such as "The Bachelor Pad" and "The Real Housewives of Wherever, USA."

I love being lazy and doing a whole lot of nothing when I get the chance to do it.

But, I've felt a bit "eh" as of late and needed a jolt in the work out department. My weight isn't the issue it's more of the fact that I have a lot more jiggle every time I wiggle. I also kind of need to refocus my mind on putting myself as a priority - even if it's for only 8 weeks.

So, today is the day that I am reclaiming a bit of me and getting my "Body Back."

If I get the courage, I'll post my "before" picture. But, I'm going to try and write after every session about how I ate, how the work out went, and how it's going.
I know some of you don't give a flying flip about this, but it holds me accountable - even it's to an audience on interwebz that may only stumble upon my humble blog.

Today we did the fitness assessment and I did ok. I am WEAK in the upper body department and did pretty well in the squats, jump rope and plank stations.

I weigh 3 lbs more than I thought -woot, woot! Just means more dramatic results :-)

I'm a rectangle and have no curves. My bust, waist and hips are pretty much the same distance around. Not too sexy...but I'm working on changing that.

So, blog friends, I'm excited to take you on this journey as I grunt, sweat, and eat (good stuff of course) to getting my "Body Back!"

1 comment:

Ro said...

hehhe, nice czarina :-) alana always wonders what her body will be and feel like after childbirth. "me" time is always important!

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker