Monday, December 21, 2009

Buh-bye!

Good bye 20s!

Hello 30s!

Most importantly - my sweet Isabelle turned 6 months on the 19th! She is such a freak. Seriously - crazy baby. She can cry one second, laugh really evil the next, squeal with excitement a second later, then get really angry....all just cuz. Hmm...sounds like a typical woman :-)

Really though - she is our pride and joy. She is so fun, so funny, and is showing her personality every single day. She is stubborn, talks up a storm, loves to grab everything and anything, laughs - a LOT, bounces in her bouncy, loves to read books (or eat them), loves her Daddy so much, squeals when she's excited, loves bath time, loves to roll all over the place, loves to sit up...then fall over, and she's starting to army crawl....she pulls herself with her elbows and uses her little legs to get her toys and boy - she is determined! She is about to cut a tooth - or two...

Her 6 month stats:
Height: 26 1/2 inches - 75th percentile
Weight: 14 lbs - 10th percentile


Still tall and skinny...but she eats all her fruit and veges and still nurses 5 times a day.

Now...what everyone really wants to talk about....ME!

I joined the dirty 30s on December 19th.

My 30 year stats:
Height: 5 ' 4.5'' (I shrunk)
Weight: 1_3 (yeah right - like I'd tell the interweb how much I weigh!)

Yes - our bedroom is a WRECK right now...

The week started off with a dinner with my high school friends at Fireside Pies. We laughed - really, really, really -laughed! We talked about our happenings. Talked about our soon to be's.

Soon - I'll share with you my newest business ventures. If you just can't wait - go to one of my ventures: https://bugsmom.scentsy.us/Home . And buy lots of warmers, lots of scents, lots of plug ins....use your hard earned money and spend it buying the greatest smell goods next to the sweet smell of my baby girl's head...do it...it's good for your soul and your sniffer...

Thursday I got my hair did. Bought a dress that instantly made me feel pretty just looking at it.

Friday I got a massage and got a membership at a massage place for monthly massages...oh yeah! My new soul sisters in Stroller Strides sang me happy birthday at our Christmas party and a friend made me a cake (umm..that I ate for breakfast the next day). It made my heart sing and gave me warm fuzzies...they are good people....



Saturday - I loved on my little girl. Maybe shed a tear knowing that I was leaving her overnight. We wore birthday hats and had a birthday breakfast - birthday cake for me and applesauce for my new 6 month old.

I know - I am brave for showing my morning look...but I am keeping it real..



We dropped off Iz at my parent's at 3:30 pm, nursed her to top her off for the night, and we were out the door and on our way to Dallas!

We rolled up to Hotel ZaZa. Instantly I felt out of place. I probably could have showered and probably worn something besides a t-shirt and tennis shoes - but nope - I was going to get ready at the hotel before my big night. But, the valet people, the bell boy, concierge, and all the hotel staff immediately made us feel welcome! Craig shared with the receptionist that we were celebrating my birthday, I got embarrassed as I told her I was turning 30, and she of course - told me it wasn't that big of a deal!


We walked into our room and it was pretty nice! It was Asian themed...hmmm...did they know I was coming :-)

Most people get really drunk and put lamp shades on their heads after a long night. I decided to be completely sober and sit under the lamp shade.



I got into the hotel robe and tried to relax before I had to get ready.



The night had begun! I hopped in the shower and took 45 minutes of uninterrupted time to fix my hair, do my make-up...no Isabelle....man I looked good ;-) I put on my dress and felt like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman" when she wore that red dress. Except I wasn't a hooker...and didn't wear a $1 million dollar necklace...but I felt like a million bucks!

We went to the Capital Grille and had an amazing dinner. Drank really good - really overpriced - wine. Steaks were perfect, lobster mac 'n cheese was excellent, creme brulee for dessert...to die for!
Handsome hubby



Craig and I talked. We talked without the normal soundtrack of babbling, whining and crying. We talked about thing other than Isabelle. We were that couple that people would look at - animated conversation, laughter, hand holding - and people would think "man - what a fun date!"

We headed out to downtown to hit up a bar to watch the Cowboys game. I had a few glasses of wine with dinner but I felt fine. So when the driver headed down Main Street - I had to do a double take when I saw about 50-75 people - dressed as Santa. Sexy Santa's, biker Santas, classic Santas....

Turned out it was an annual event called "Santa Invasion" where people dress up as Santa and bar hop.

We walked into our favorite bar, The City Tavern, and took a seat to watch the Cowboy's bring home a "W" against the Saints! After much celebration, a celebratory shot...I was ready to go back to the hotel.

The later the night got..the worse our picturing taking skills became...

And worse...
It was 11pm.

We walked into our room and the concierge had sent up a bottle of champagne and mini cakes for my birthday! It was great but....that wasn't the best part...



The part I looked most forward to was coming up. I couldn't wait! Craig and I would go back to the hotel, shower, hop into bed...and sleep. Sleep. Sleep without the sounds of a baby monitor. I'd get to sleep through the night!

Alas - it didn't happen. I don't know if it's Mother's Intuition - but at 1am - I heard a baby crying thinking it was Iz, I got up sleepily to go check on her...and then I realized ...I wasn't home. She wasn't there. (Turns out - Iz had woken up crying at 1am and my aunt had to soothe her and rock her back to sleep...lemme tell ya...God made us moms right...)

I woke up after I tossed and turned most of the night at 7:30am. Craig was up too and we couldn't wait to get home to our girl! She did great. I did great. The night was so fun.

So 30s...here's my promise to you:

The me of the 20s was really insecure. I often allowed myself to be a doormat in my friendships. I allowed people who called themselves a friend - walk all over me, take advantage of me, and made me feel like an afterthought rather than a priority.

The me of the 20s wasn't bold in my faith. I would talk the talk but rarely walked the walk. I was disobedient. I rarely showed remorse or repent for my actions.

The me of the 20s put everything and everyone first - often to the point where I'd lose parts of my soul and feel empty and hollow. I'd forget that taking care of me was just as important.

The me of the 20s has been extremely blessed with opportunities to travel, a journey to new career, an amazing loving husband, and a beautiful daughter. Much too often I'd forget all these things - and wish for more - without realizing how much I actually have.

The me of the 30s - I'm going to feel confident in knowing the few friends I have - new and old - the ones who put me as a priority and build me up - I'm going to cherish and nurture those friendships - no matter how few they may be.

The me of the 30's - I'm going to continue my walk with Christ - knowing that I am not perfect but be bold in my faith and share it with anyone who wants to know the Good News. I'm going to take inventory of what I do and ask for forgiveness and make changes where change is necessary.

The me of the 30s - I'm going to take time out for me once in awhile. I'm not going to feel guilt when I choose quiet time for my thoughts over a chore, a duty - for someone else.

The me of the 30s I'm going to continue to count my blessings. Give thanks for His provision. See everyday the opportunities that God has given me. Take risks in my career - even if it means giving something up. I'm going to love my husband and daughter - and remember that it's moments with them is what matters.

So - 30....I'm here...and I'm ready!

6 comments:

Lisa Parsons said...

Another great blog! I LOVE your dress!!! You look so pretty! I'm so glad you had such a fun night. It is impossible to sleep soundly when your baby is not with you. Did you say you get to have a massage a month?! Awesome! Claire and Iz can start a tall, skinny club! So glad we are friends!

Norm said...

you are a gorgeous 30 year old!!!! i am sure your 30's will be the best decade ever!!!

Shauna said...

So glad we can take our journey together from our teens to our thirties. Who would have thunk?

I mean..I definitely never pictured us 30 when we were in Ms. Lowes class.

Shauna said...

I love you.

Oh - and will you call me tomorrow to find out what I got for Christmas...like we did when we were 16?

Unknown said...

love it - love it all. But especially the pic of you and IZ in your "milestone" shirts. to only be a fly on the wall while you were taking that photo. CUTE!

Unknown said...

Love you, Czarina! Thirty, flirty, and thriving!!! I am blessed to know you and call you a friend. God is good.

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker