Monday, November 30, 2009

Turkeys and werewolves and Raiders...OH MY!

What a weekend! Thanksgiving weekend was jam packed, full of fun, full of laughter, and I was full of food. I am well on my way to gaining the average 7lbs of holiday weight....(oh no - I hope not...)

Turkey day. Whew. I am tired and full just thinking about it. The day started off at Abuela and Abuelo's house where we had Thanksgiving lunch at 1pm. I wish someone would have told me that I had to eat 6 hours later...but alas...I knew I had dinner that night but yet I felt the need to eat like I was storing up for a long winter season of hibernation. If stuffing was a drug - Craig's mom would be my dealer - flippin' awesome stuff.

I headed to my parent's house where my sister's and I would be making dinner. My parents, nephew and brother in law were at the Cowboy's game - so we made dinner for the entire family. 12 adults, 6 kids, 1 dog and a partridge in a pear tree. Of course I was full from lunch still but yet felt the need to taste test everything - from the ham, to the rolls, to the stuffing, to the casseroles, to the potatoes....by 7:30pm - dinner time - I was soooo full.

BUT YET...I still made a plate. I wasn't about to be rude and NOT eat. Even though we were celebrating an American holiday - we had egg rolls and flan - had to throw in some Asian....

Friday I had an emotional affair.

Craig knew about it and pretty much told me I should be arrested for drooling over a 17 year old. I told him that it didn't count since the 17 year old was a werewolf. If one dog year is equal to 7 human years - Jacob is actually 119 years old.

My sisters and I went to see "New Moon." I took pictures, made my "Team Jacob" sign, had a beer and sat back to watch the greatness of vegetarian vampires, teen angst, and shirtless werewolves.

Jacob gives new meaning to "Hot Dog"... Yes. He. Does....

Saturday was Tech football. Decked out in our Red and Black - we were prepared to slaughter the Baylor Bears. Unfortunately - it was a nail biter. Fortunately - we won! My friend Lisa and her husband sat behind my entire family - and there was a bunch of us. When my sisters and I get together - we can be a tad bit obnoxious - I should have warned her. But at least the game was full of suspense to veer her attention from my sister falling out of her seat, nieces playing musical laps, and over laughter at everything and anything!

What a weekend! I've learned something now that I've my first official big holiday with a kid...the holidays just mean so much more. There's deeper meaning to what I'm thankful for. Time with my family is much more precious. Making memories during the holidays means engraving every detail into my mind so that I never forget a second of it.

What a great weekend!

Paige, Levi and Iz

Love the trees at Abuela's!

Taking in some fiber...

Me and Iz

One of my favorite pictures to date!

Round 2...

Isabelle and cousin Kara - she's 4 months older...Iz loves her :-)

I had a picture of her smiling at my Dad - but her giving him the stink eye is so much better!

Iz and her Titas - my favorite girls!!

My cousin/more like a sister, Jill and Kara-bear

At "New Moon"...yes I took pics

Sis Candice and Jacob's she-wolf

DIY "Team Jacob" sign

Bro-in law, Maddie and Garrett

Who needs werewolves when I got a hottie like him :-)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your "ladies" look really nice in that raider shirt:) I just loved the asian flair comment too. Miss your face. Let's plan something soon.

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker