Sunday, February 8, 2009

Got punched in the gut by God

Man - when the Big Man wants to speak to you - He's the ultimate when it comes to timing.

This weekend's message at church hit home - really - this was God punching me in the gut saying He totally gets what I'm going through.

To say I'm depressed - is kind of an exaggeration - a big exaggeration. I'd say I've had more days of the blues. Without getting too serious - life lately has been great mixed in with some moments of "what the heck is going on with my life"
"Can I not feel this way AGAIN."
"If only I had ___________ (filled in with - 'more money,' 'someone else's life,' etc)"

I'm a glass overflowing for those around me but a glass dried to the bone for myself. I struggle with where I'm at, where I'm going, and why I'm going through it. I pray so hard to be thankful for the little things, thankful for the moments in today, and thankful for the undeserving blessings I've been given. But sometimes - I just don't see it or don't feel it.

But today, I realized the error of my ways and saw so much of what I've been doing as slaps to face of God. Comparing myself and my situation with others - which is me telling God He messed up in His creation of me.

The "woe is me" attitude is wearing and instead of "woe is me" I've decided to try "WHOA is HE!"

I like to think I'm not alone in these moments and luckily thanks to Him - I never am.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Thank you for the beautiful reminder to be thankful for God's gifts everyday. :)

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker