Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I think this baby is going to come out of my face

Huh?

Yuppers....this kid is going to either bud out of my cheeks, I'm going to sneeze him/her (for the sake of typing and saving my fingers - let's refer to this baby as him - well at least until I find out if he has the right parts), or I'm going to open my mouth and he's going to crawl out.

What?

Most women - ok NORMAL - women put on weight in their hips and their backside when they get pregnant. This post is similar to one I wrote about a few weeks ago. But, since then, I've been on different motherhood sites (which by the way are NOT about supporting your fellow mommy-to-bes but more about bashing women who have questions that some might feel the whole universe should know...sorry....I regress) - and these sites are all about different mommy's who are complaining about the size of their backside and the widening of their hips - how all those things are in preparation for the baby to have easier access to the outside world.

I know once this baby runs out of womb....hahaha....it's supposed to just moonwalk himself out of ready made tunnel aka Va-jay-jay. Well - not this baby in my belly. This baby - who I really, really, really love and talk to everyday (sometimes I sing to him and sometimes....I even rap...) must be ready to come out of my face because that's where all my weight is going.

I've put on 8 lbs - pretty good for 15 weeks but not great. But, 4 lbs is in my milk-makers (aka knockers), 1 lb in my arms and fatty back, and the other 3lbs...you guessed it...in my face!!!

Some people call it maternity glow - HA!

Thank God for Craig - who tries so hard to reassure me I look great - aahh but yes Grasshopper - you know me well - I am baffled by his compliments when he is looking at the same face I see in the mirror.

But - this body - is making a baby - and this face - is going to give my little one lots of sloppy kisses - so for now I'm going to love what I see (I just wish there was little less of it).

The EVIDENCE (aaahh - I can't believe I'm letting you see this!):

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that baby comes out of your face it is going to totally freak me out! But I think we need to just embrace the fact that we are going to get big, fat, and uncomfortable....keep your eye on the prize; a beautiful baby that you can shower with love!

Melody said...

You are adorable! And that baby will work it's way to your middle. hehe :) You are just in that awkward phase of pregnancy where you may not look/ feel like yourself. But soon, you will "pop", and I think that is so fun.

The Coggins said...

Hey Czarina! Don't worry about your weight. You look great! It will all come off. That is what I was most stressed about. I did great with my weight gain until the last few weeks and then I started to swell. I gained about 45 lbs but lost it all very quickly. It is definately all worth it for that bundle of joy inside of you.

Shauna said...

You are so cute! And I think that your baby might come out of MY face. Now, that would be scary.

Unknown said...

You’re belly is so precious!!!
xoxo
jp

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker