Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lucky One

It's almost time to celebrate a day just for me.
Or for all the women in world who's first name is now "Mommy."

Who would've thought there'd be a day set aside for my "everyday."
A day that once upon a time - I would only have when I prayed...

For the bundle of joy that captured my heart the moment I saw her face.
For each smile, each laugh, each tear that she's cried - time will never erase.

For the baby bottles here and there and toys scattered on the floor.
For the crazy love in the pit of my stomach - realizing everyday - I love her more.

In this moment - I'm the center of her world - just like she is mine.
I know I can't fight the one thing I hate the most...and that is the speed of time.

As days turned to weeks and weeks to months...soon we'll be at a year...
It feels like yesterday that I held her in my arms - and wiped away her very first tear.

She made me a mom, teaches me motherhood - with every triumph and every trial.
No matter how difficult the road has been - it's worth it when I see her smile.

Cards in the store - the well wishing for me - all the "she's lucky to have you" - I've heard.
But there's a secret I have - come close as I whisper - listen to every word...

The joy that I have as I watch my heart grow every single day.
Sure she's lucky to have me - but face it - without her - I'd be lost along the way.

I'm the lucky one - it's me - she's my gift - a gift beyond measure.
There's nothing more precious or valuable than her - my role as Mommy - I'll always treasure.

Happy Mother's Day to all my blog mommies!

2 comments:

joanne said...

What a beautiful poem ! Happy mother's day to you :)
it's amazing how alive and happy our little munchkins make us feel ! Life is GOOD !

Kristen said...

Seriously...I now have to reapply my mascara! Happy Mother's Day!

What a blessing!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker